AMG is about to launch its 2021 Mercedes-AMG GT 73 line to fill the shoes of the now dead AMG 65 V12 line. New images by Carscoops show off the prototypes testing in various different models with different wheels.
So what’s the big deal with the AMG 73? Well, that would be the powertrain. First off, it will be a hybrid with some throwing the GT73e name around. It will pack a 4.0L TT V8 paired to an EQ boost system to produce around 750-805HP of course going to all four wheels. In the AMG GT 4 door, we would see 0-60 under 3sec.
Now, these AMG 73 models won’t necessarily look different outside, albeit MAYBE some very minor changes, but that power will surely be top-notch. This new model will allow it to compete with the Panamera Turbo S-E Hybrid which is getting a power bump for 2021 up to 700HP. This powertrain isn’t set to be exclusive the AMG GT 4 door as it is said to make its way across a few top tier models like the S Class, the new SL, and maybe a few SUV’s. The last time the 73 badges were used was on the SL73 of which 85 were made and packed an N/A 7.3L V12. No, this won’t have a V12 and Mercedes-AMG will likely unveil the GT 73 Plug-In Hybrid before the end of the year.
- Meet The 2021 Mercedes-AMG GT Black
- Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series P One Edition Only For 275 Hypercar Buyers
- The New Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG E63 S Sedan And Wagon Shines On
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG GLB45 Leaked
- 2021 Mercedes-AMG E53 Sedan, Trims, Specs, Price In Nigeria
- Toyota unveils Venza Crossover 2021
- 2021 Lexus LS 500 Gets Massive Refreshing New Look
- Toyota Camry Prices In Nigeria 2020 – Toyota Camry 2020 Price
- Latest 2021 BMW car lineup: Everything You Need to Know About BMW 2021
- 2021 Kia Sorento Redesign Review, Pricing & Release Date in Nigeria
- 2020 Mercedes-AMG GT 63 Price, Reviews in Nigeria
- After 2 years Bugatti Divo Gets Its First Customer For ₦2 billion
- BMW unveils M Performance parts catalog for new M5 Series
- 2021 Land Rover Range Rover Sport Revealed With New Features
- 2021 Toyota Camry First Look: Everything you need to know