Made in Nigeria Cars – Remember! Federal Government some months ago commissioned ₦364 billion locally-assembled vehicles through collaboration with the National Automotive Design and Development Council (NADDC). The disclosure was made by the Minister of Industry, Trade and Investment, Mr. Adeniyi Adebayo.
On October 3, 2013, it was announced the introduction of a new automotive policy aimed at discouragement of the importation of wholly assembled automobiles and encouraging local manufacturing, it seemed like a tall dream. Innoson Motors, an indigenous company, last week, unveiled a new brand of vehicles, building on local assembly successes by Hyundai and Nissan.
Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company Limited founded by Nigerian industrialist, Chief Innocent Chukwuma, unveiled its new cars – IVM Umu, IVM Umu and IVM Uzo- manufactured at the company’s Nnewi plant in Anambra State, South east Nigeria.
The IVM 5380 is suitable for official and domestic movement as it is designed to accommodate 6 seaters
- Mini-Bus model:- IVM6540
- Seat number:- 13 – 17
- Overall dimensions (mm):- L x W x H 5380 x 1880 x 2285
- Tire Size (mm):- 195 R15C radial tire
- Track width(mm):- 1450 / 1430
- Engine model number:- 495
- Calibration Power:- 110
- Max Speed >= 130mph
- Fuel Type : Diesel
Other products by IVM includes (Commuter buses)
IVM 5000: 14+1 seater capacity bus
IVM 6540: 17+1 seater capacity bus,
IVM 6800: 33 seater bus
IVM 6751: 29 seater and 25 standing positions urban transit bus
IVM 6125J: 45 seater and 55 standing positions
IVM 6660: 26+1 seater capacity medium bus
IVM also designed Waste disposal vehicles as well as Medical ambulances.
- Innoson Motors Donates IVM Medical Ambulance To Anambra Govt
- All Prices Of Innoson Motors In 2020 – Cars, Buses & Trucks
- Best Of Innosons Vehicle Manufacturing (IVM) Cars
- Imo Gov. Purchase Innoson Vehicles For ‘Operation Search And Flush’ In Imo
- Lawmakers Reject Innoson SUVs As Official Vehicles
- Mercy Eke’s Biography, Net Worth, House & Cars In 2020
IVM G5 (SUV)
It is a fully air-conditioned 5 seater sports utility vehicle. Other features include;
- Innoson G5 Key Specs & Features
- 2.4-Litre, Four Cylinder Mitsubishi 4G69S4N Engine
- Automatic Transmission or Manual Transmission
- ABS + EBD
- SRS Airbags
- Traction Control
- 32.3 mpg (7.3 litre per 100km) Fuel Consumption
- Seating Capacity: 5
- 75 Litres Fuel Tank
- The IVM carrier 4wd is designed for rural and logistics purposes, with a petrol engine of 2.7L double cabin, and large space that will allow carriage of goods
Other Innoson Vehicle brands in Nigeria
- Innoson FOX: N7,665,000
- Innoson UMU: N8,000,000
- Innoson G5: N12,390,000
- Innoson G6: N12,915,000
- Innoson G80: N27,825,000
- Innoson G40: NN17,325,000
- Innoson Carrier 4×4: N13,860,000
- Innoson Carrier 4×2: N9,400,000
- Innoson 5000: N9,400,000
- Innoson 6601: N22,995,000
- Innoson 6857: N27,700,00
- Innoson 6800: N34,650,000
Hyundai Grand i10
The Hyundai Grand i10 that is made in Nigeria is a quick-pace car with beautiful features that will make it pass for a real luxury vehicle, particularly for an entry level car.
The Hyundai Grand i10 is obviously built for the Nigerian environment with its very good ground-clearance, sturdy shock absorbers, and compact body for easy maneuverability.
These peculiar features came handy during a test-drive of the versatile car recently in Lagos.
The launch of the Peugeot 301 Made in Nigeria has consolidated Nigeria’s position as one of the foremost industrial economies in Africa. The federal government of Nigeria has introduced the best-used measures that can encourage the continuous development of the automotive sector of the economy. The launch took place at the Peugeot manufacturing plant in Kaduna, Nigeria. The Peugeot 301 is a tiny Sedan that optimizes the essentials of a family automobile – Space, Safety, and Storage.
- Current Emergency Service Numbers In Nigeria
- Kia publishes the first teaser photo of its Car Carnival 2021
- 5 Ways To Find Reliable And Cheap Cars In Your Area 2020
- Father DMW’s Biography, Net Worth & Cars in 2020
- Toyota unveils 6 C-HR electric test cars in China
- Iyabo Ojo’s Biography, Net worth, House and Cars in 2020
- Obi Cubana’s Biography, Net Worth, House & Cars in 2020
- Meet The All New 2021 Corolla Cross
- 2021 Kia K5 Midsize Sedan Official Pricing Starts at 10 Million naira
- 2021 Toyota Avalon Preview, Pricing, and Release date in Nigeria
Nissan also benefited from centralized automotive policies. One of which was the maintenance of viable surroundings for automobile makers to thrive. The new Nissan Almera sedan comes with ultra-modern exterior styling and design that sets it apart from other cars in its class. The Nissan Almera was launched into the Nigerian market in April 2015.
Kia Rio, Optima
KIA motors Nigeria unveiled its Made-in-Nigeria vehicles at the ongoing Abuja International Auto Fair at the Eagle Square in Abuja in a grand style, delivering to its brand slogan of “The Power to Surprise”. Fulfilling the promise made to the Nigerian enthusiasts and patrons that Made-in-Nigeria KIA will be available before the end of the year, KIA motors Nigeria delivered to its promise through platform of The Abuja International Auto Fair, it’s Made-in-Nigeria vehicles.
Although most of these vehicles were made in Nigeria, a lot of them were basically assembled in auto plants in Nigeria, with the exception of Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company. During the recent years, the surge of international and endemic automobile manufacturers lends credence to the effectiveness of the updated automotive policy. This will result in the creation of jobs for the youths as well as serve as a source of foreign exchange.